Pages

Translate

Sunday, August 5, 2012


Ahhh... AP Literature and Compostition. The one subject I'm told will be the bane of my high school career. The one every high school senior has uttered with a sense of foreboding, that one class that is knotted with despair so profound it's bound to shake the core of even Commander Shepard. However, I do not intend to cower or plead for mercy. Rather, I, much like Nathan Price, intend to take this challenge head-on.
“Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.” - Bernice Johnson Reagon. What is the point of life if not one string of endless challenge? What fun is there if one does not wish to challenge him/herself? If high school and college are the years that define who you will be, the years where our knowledge can reach no limit, then why settle for second?

We live in an era of technological advancement, one filled with endless possibilities and breakthroughs. As such, one must become quickly acclimated to the various ways people communicate, most notably through blogs, vlogs or Facebook. In an age of a global economy, communication has become even more important, one of which I hope to understand and expand my knowledge on. While I do not see myself as a blogger, perhaps this experience can lend itself to bigger and grander things, ones of which I will not see until they have long passed me by. And hopefully, while this experience feels wholly new and I unprepared, I can take one step into the darkness and emerge a greater man than I once was.
Music that I find fits the mood of how I feel towards the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment