Pages

Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fall Semester Reflection

1. I occasionally read other people's work, though it was not frequent. No time to read blogs when there are video games to be had! However, the experience was interesting, to say the least. Especially since there are so many different writing styles (from Hayden's prolix syntax to Jason's succinct diction, to name a few), it's certainly interesting to jump from one style to the next.
2. Without a blog, it's tough to say how my views might be expressed. Would I talk about video games as much? That one's hard to say. Would I say anything at all? Would I just be another shadow, hiding from everyone else, wanting nothing more than to never be seen again?
3. I would say that publishing my work still hasn't changed my view about assignments. It's still something to complete. The only difference being is that everyone else can see my work, so it's not like I go around and play pretend that I didn't say something when it's pretty out-in-the-blue. Other than that, it's still no real biggie for me.
4. Personally, my experience hasn't been changed all that much. I'm still not a fan of the physical classroom, but perhaps I'm just not catching the "open-source learning" vibe that others are. Perhaps this isn't your grandma's and my class either.
5. I would think that the word "pioneer" is a bit strong for a man of my stature. However, if I had to describe myself as that way, I would probably compare myself to Lewis and Clark. Exploring an unknown area with a guide who knows everything there is to know.
6. Usually, though, most people think I'm over exaggerating and making my contributions seem bigger than they are.
7. And in return I simply ignore what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment