Pages

Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Brave New World (II and III)

Chapters 2 and 3 really establish the philosophy of the government and how they are able to go about without any opposition. People are indoctrinated, through the usage of hypnopaedia, to believe whatever the government wants them to believe. There is no free will, no free thought. Any semblance of original or artistic idea has long been banished. What you have is an army of sheep, willing to do whatever you ask of them.

Remembered an interesting quote from Mordin Solus (and no it's not I MADE A MISTAKE!) ") “Cultural artistic expression reflects philosophical evolution, interest in growth, perspective, observation, interpretation."
As we can see, the people in Brave New World have no interest in philosophical evolution, interest in growth, perspective or observation. They are simply tools for the Reapers. I mean government.

Find it interesting how the government opposes all values that we uphold today: no promiscuity until 18, democracy, etc. And the reasons for it, while heavily flawed, aren't malicious. After all, who wouldn't want to live in a perpetual state of happiness?

I think I have a new quote of the day: "Those who feel themselves despised do well to look despising." Kind of a tongue twister though.

All I know is I would hate being put into a caste and losing all individuality. Because, as evidenced by my writing style, individuality defines me.

No comments:

Post a Comment