Pages

Translate

Monday, February 25, 2013

Write as a 5pectator Sport

The first one: What they should start doing? Well this one is easy! First, Hayden, perhaps you could write something that looks like it was written A.D.?! I am usually sharp at reading horrible handwriting and listening to less than coherent English, but by God I feel as lost as when people use sign language or Braille around me! Also, have you read H.P. Lovecraft? That guy has 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000synonyms for the word "grotesque". I swear that guy has a thesaurus next to him when he writes, and anytime he thinks up a word like "creepy", he automatically pulls it out and searches for the most obscure synonym possible. Hint hint, enough with your prolix writing. Having 50 words in one sentence that no one knows does not make you a great writer by default.
What to stop doing? Writing in damn Chinese! Unless you can pull a stunt like this nobody is going to be able to read your work. Including me.
What to continue? Honestly, because I could not read your work, I don't know what to say. Keep up the good (if not illegible) work I guess?

The second one: What should they start doing? Take a picture that doesn't look like I'm viewing Santa Maria through the Hubble telescope! I can't critique what I can't see. And considering that most kids did not do 5pectator sport, my choices are limited as is!
What to stop doing? Nothing I can think of besides using the camera to actually zoom in on something so I can read it. Or write down the essay on another post. One or the other.
Continue doing? Keep surprising Feli and Isiah. Nothing makes my twisted demented self laugh more than seeing pitiful fools forced to write an essay in ten minutes.

The third one: What should they start doing? Finishing the third paragraph for one thing. And have a more complex pre-write! Just kidding, I've never been one for pre-writes. Find they waste too much time. And where's the proof? I want evidence.
What to stop doing? Commas. I would not like them here, I would not like them anywhere. I do not like commas and ham, I do not like them Sam-I-Am.
Continue doing? Writing style. I like it, just not the overflow of commas EVERYWHERE.

The fourth horseman: What should they start doing? Being a little more timely. I can tell that the pre-write took way too much time.
What to stop doing? Writing a whole page as a pre-write. This isn't some novel we're talking about, it's a ten minute essay. The last thing you need to worry about is a pre-write.
Continue doing? Writing neat. After having to endure what is simply known as "Hayden Robel", I feel like I'm swimming in an oasis.

The fifth one: What should they start doing? Writing a little neater. While maybe I'm a bit harsh (anything after Megan looks like chicken scratch), I still find it difficult to read that handwriting.
What to stop doing? I dunno, the essay seemed fine, if not a little short.
Continue doing? Writing. Soon, those three paragraphs (while a *little* demanding if you ask me) will be finished!


2 comments:

  1. I knew I was the third one before I even clicked the link. I noticed some awkward grammatical issues while I was retyping, (BOOM, COMMA!) but felt like it would be dishonest to fix it up. Thanks for reading!

    ...and now I feel self-conscious about my comma placement. That's probably a good thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete