Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Macbeth Active Reading Notes

  •  First, I must say that Macbeth gave the most pitiful excuse I have ever heard on why he killed the chambermaids. "I was mad" is only asking for suspicion. Hasn't he seen any Law and Order or CSI?
  • How is it that one character, Macduff, is the only one suspicious?
  • I must say, the sons did everything they could to make themselves look guilty. Might as well carry a sign that says "I did it".
  • "A little water washes it away." how cruel and cynical of Lady Macbeth.
  • Finally, why is the porter taking so long answering the door? He's just asking to get fired.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why Macbeth wasn't suspected by everybody as well. I figured it can be attributed to the fact that Macbeth is generally well liked in the land, so nobody really wants to think he's guilty of such a heinous crime.

    ReplyDelete