Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Response to Lit Circles

Multiple Choice
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Most of the multiple choice questions require that I have actually read the novel or had the entire story summarized or used, pardon my French, "Shit-notes" to get the answers.

Life of Pi
1. The idea of survival plays out by using the Bengal tiger as an allegory, one that is constantly putting Pi on his toes and forcing him to think ahead.
2. That each animal began to turn on one another and eat each other. As society regresses, the weakest are the first to die.
3. Pi was a depressed man who was "saved" by the Bengal tiger, Richard Parker. Richard Parker is probably a man Pi had to live, who Pi changed to a tiger for symbolism.
4. I'm not quite sure on how religion plays a role for Pi other than the fact he follows three religions.\

With Dani's questions, I tried to answer them, only to discover that I actually needed to have read the entire novel. As such, I was able to answer around 1/4 of them.

1. C
2. C
3. E
4. C
5. C
6. C
7. C
8. C
9. C
10. E


No comments:

Post a Comment