Pages

Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Literature Analysis

I chose Atonement by Ian McEwan. The biggest reason being that my sister, after watching the movie, kept pestering me to read it. Eventually, I grew sick of her pestering and decided to watch it. I came in with low expectations, thinking it nothing more than a shallow chick-flick like The Notebook. Needless to say, I didn't set my expectations high enough. That movie was actually a pleasant surprise! And, figuring that there's no such thing as an original screenplay unless you're named Christopher Nolan, I had a hunch this was based off a book. And sure enough, after I saw "Adapted screenplay" you can bet I was quickly scrounging the Internet to look at the book and see if the movie stuck with it or forged its own path. From the looks of it at the beginning chapters, the screenplay writers have stuck with the source material.

No comments:

Post a Comment